Saturday, January 4, 2020

New year, new road trip!

11/21 - 1/4/2020 - Junction, TX to San Antonio, TX (164 miles) stayed at TX 281 RV Park for 43 days, $350/mo plus 13 days at $11/night.

By the time we hit San Antonio for the holidays, I was done with blogging for the year.  But I still need to write about Deming, NM and Junction, TX, both really nice places to visit and ones I’d be happy to go back to.  I’ll get to those soon, but I wanted to say Happy New Year and look back at the past 6 months and almost 8000 miles.  We moved with purpose so we could visit family and friends before the cold weather set it.


Next year, we plan to take it slower.  We’ll head East for our annual maintenance visit at Red Bay, AL and then spend a month in Gulf Shores. I love the beach there, and we’re hoping it’s easier to get a reservation than FL.  We would like to spend some time in FL before we head north.  We want to spend a good amount of time in Washington, DC to see the Smithsonian, and go through Pennsylvania Dutch country on our way to see Brendan in Michigan.  I really want to go to Stockbridge, MA to enjoy the area where Norman Rockwell lived and worked and spend time in the Hudson Valley.  We’ll see how that goes.  Since we’re moving slower I’d like to get plugged into volunteer opportunities - maybe Habitat for Humanity or Red Cross.

We’re excited to get going and know that we are blessed to be RVing!

No comments:

Post a Comment